Shift is seeking an Admissions & Candidate Support Representative to join our Community and Career Discovery Team for a 4-6 month SkillBridge opportunity. With oversight from the Senior Manager and VP of Community & Career Discovery, this individual will be responsible for managing applicants to Shift Career Accelerator, Navigating Next, and Talent Spotlight programs. This includes but is not limited to:
- Candidate Sourcing: Using LinkedIn Recruiter and other digital platforms, proactively and continually source, develop and maintain a viable pipeline and network of qualified talent for all Shift programs. Seek creative solutions for sourcing and building talent communities. Build relationships with eligible candidates to increase application completion.
- Candidate Experience: Act as primary communication point with applicants at initial contact point to provide a positive candidate experience consistent with Shift’s mission, brand and values. Answer questions about Shift’s programming and application requirements to the best of your ability.
- Application Review: Screen candidate applications, to include but not limited to, resume, LinkedIn profile, headshot, etc. Help candidates make standout Shift profiles.
- Lifecycle Candidate Management: Manage and coordinate communications with applicants to include: ongoing networking, screening, preparing for interviewing, and providing information about Shift and its partners as appropriate, setting expectations of the application process, ensuring timely feedback to prospects through the hand-off to the Talent Services team. Coordinates movement of prospects through the various steps in the process and provides support as needed.
- Community Engagement: Engage with a variety of internal and external communities, to include but not limited to, the Department of Defense, career and employment services, and tech and startup companies in order to stay abreast of upskilling resources, new programs, and career opportunities. Participate in Shift’s Slack channels with current program participants and alumni.
- Process Improvement: Participate in user interviews and collect feedback from candidates regarding their experience with Shift, our application, and our partners in order to analyze trends and provide data that will help continually improve processes.
About You - Desired Background
- Career Goals in Talent Acquisition. This is a strong opportunity for someone who is interested in a career in talent acquisition, specifically in a startup environment. You will be well poised to pivot from your military experience to a civilian talent acquisition role as a result of this SkillBridge internship.
- Polished Professional: Professional written and oral communication skills and the ability to maintain a professional image across all social media platforms is a must.
- Commitment to the Community: You are dedicated to serving the military community with patience and empathy. Helping others energizes you.
- Ability to thrive as an independent actor: We’re looking for a self-starter, someone who requires little guidance and supervision and can take a broad mission, break it down into manageable tasks, and excel. Your onboarding phase will be very brief - we’re looking for someone who can dive in and make an impact quickly.
- Ability to work remotely: Shift’s team is entirely virtual - if you require a physical office and daily, in-person interactions with your colleagues to be productive or to drive initiatives to success, this role is not for you. We spend our days on Slack, Zoom, and collaborating in the Google Suite, so strong and timely communication using these tools is a must. We are a flexible and family-friendly company, however, availability during PST work hours is critical.
- Systematic thinking: You must have the ability to manage many different tasks simultaneously and deliver on deadlines without fail.
- Flexible and adaptable: Shift is a startup - we move quickly and pivot quickly as needed. We are a small but growing team and you may be asked to jump in to assist teammates as needed. The ability to thrive in ambiguity is key. Rigidity and a “color inside the lines” mentality will not succeed in this role.
- Open-minded and worldly: A promoter and champion of diversity and inclusion initiatives.