The Defense Ventures Team
Shift’s Defense Ventures team is on a four-year mission to create the best in class industry immersion upskilling experience for employees of the U.S. Military. Our program places over 800 members of the Department of Defense, in the midst of their career, into leading venture capital and technology businesses across Silicon Valley and the United States. We are using these experiences to develop a talent platform that will allow us to assess, select, and track emerging innovators through the program and beyond.
Shift is headquartered in San Francisco, but the Defense Ventures Team is being designed as a remote team. We are open to candidates based anywhere in the United States, but we have strong preferences for San Francisco, New York City, Washington DC, and Austin, TX.
You will work with another recruiter on the team to aid in making key hires for the management team at Shift. You’ll join a team of innovators, builders and operators who are defining new products and services, working together to define the value proposition and bring them to market. In 2021, we will be placing ~200 employees of the Department of Defense at top technology and venture capital companies across the country.
Our team is looking for a highly organized and motivated Recruiter to help grow our management teams. We are looking for a Contract Recruiter to work Part-Time for the next two months to support our growing management team. In this role you will be working closely with hiring managers and the rest of the recruiting team to align on candidate profiles and build a pipeline of talent for open roles. We are looking for someone who is ready to dive in head-first into a very entrepreneurial environment and support our growing team. If you have experience developing a pipeline of active and passive candidates and are motivated by finding amazing talent through both traditional and creative avenues, this may be the right opportunity for you!
As a recruiter you will be responsible for delivering on the following:
- Manage the full-cycle recruitment process, including sourcing, screening resumes, conducting interviews, presenting candidates to hiring managers and completing necessary documentation.
- Partner closely with hiring managers and the other recruiter at Shift, throughout recruitment cycle from identification, assessment through offer.
- Manage Greenhouse (ATS) searches you’ve been assigned, working to create and update job descriptions with hiring managers when necessary.
- Manage the full cycle recruiting process for in-house roles including screening inbound applicants, performing outreach to prospective candidates and guiding candidates and internal stakeholders through the interview process.
- Maintain and update Applicant Tracking System (Greenhouse) with job postings, resumes, applicant information, interview schedules, feedback and reference checks.
- Leverage Greenhouse to track candidate progress through funnel and keep consistently clean data for reporting.
- Communicate with candidates and hiring managers throughout the entirety of the search, maintaining emphasis on candidate experience.
- Foster trust-based relationships with candidates, gaining a close understanding of their requirements and concerns.
- Use a combination of recruiting techniques to build and engage networks, assess and hire great talent.
- Build and maintain a quality pipeline of candidates throughout the entirety of various searches.
- Create and ensure best-in-class candidate experience throughout the full hiring process.
Qualified candidates should have/be:
- A track record (5-7+ years) in successfully executing all aspects of the talent acquisition/recruitment function with an emphasis on full life-cycle and experience within a corporation or agency environment.
- High level of proficiency with Applicant tracking Systems (Greenhouse preferred).
- Experience using LinkedIn Recruiter as a recruiting tool.
- Work within predefined recruitment processes while monitoring that process in order to identify and recommend areas to improve, ensuring best practices at all times.
- Experience in passive candidate sourcing and recruiting, with a proven track record of identifying and assessing top talent.
- Exceptional oral and written communication and influencing skills at all levels within an organization, and externally on behalf of the company.
- Strong ability to multitask and juggle multiple priorities with competing demands.
- Experience as a flexible and collaborative team player with the exhibited ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts concisely and clearly.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels
- Highly responsible, self-motivated, and able to thrive and meet deadlines in an energetic, fast-paced and sometimes non-linear environment.
- Reliable and collaborative, a promoter of diversity.
Founded in 2016 and based in San Francisco, California, Shift is a labor marketplace for current and former members of the U.S. Military to discover careers, acquire and demonstrate new skills, and embark upon new job experiences at the best companies in the United States. From active duty service members in the midst of their military career to veterans who have made the transition to civilian life, Shift’s community platform allows its members to engage in career development services that keep them competitive in the current and future economy. Shift’s talent acquisition services provide our corporate partners with a talent pipeline of diverse, non-traditional, experienced and prepared candidates. Shift is a veteran-founded small business backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Expa, and Structure Capital.
Perks + Benefits
We offer competitive and comprehensive packages. Our benefits offering includes 401k, medical, dental, and vision insurance. Employees have the option to choose from a range of PPO and HMO plans. We also offer pre-tax commuter benefits, pre-tax FSA and Dependent Care FSA plans, as well as flexible PTO, and ten paid holidays. There are additional perks and benefits, which we are happy to tell you more about!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.