Founded in 2016 and based in San Francisco, California, Shift is a labor marketplace for current and former members of the U.S. Military to discover careers, acquire and demonstrate new skills, and embark upon new job experiences at the best companies in the United States. From active duty service members in the midst of their military career to veterans who have made the transition to civilian life, Shift’s community platform allows its members to engage in career development services that keep them competitive in the current and future economy. Shift’s talent acquisition services provide our corporate partners with a talent pipeline of diverse, non-traditional, experienced and prepared candidates. Shift is a veteran-founded small business backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Expa, and Structure Capital.
As a Customer Success Manager at Shift, you will join a team of passionate and customer-centric professionals who act as trusted advisors to our partners around the country, in an effort to diversify hiring with veteran talent. We are looking for an experienced customer success professional who will report directly to the Director of Customer Success, working alongside them to build and plan key implementation strategies with customers and creatively support on achieving long-term veteran/diversity hiring goals. The Customer Success Manager plays a critical role in helping teams build or expand a veteran hiring initiative and break down barriers to hiring non-traditional and diverse talent.
What You'll Do
● Manage a portfolio of company partnerships from the onboarding process to the renewal stage whilst providing consistent, hands-on support to meet and exceed customer goals
● Own the onboarding process and implementation of our talent product for new customers, having an in-depth understanding of individual customer expectations and goals
● Creatively and strategically manage customer relationships to achieve product satisfaction and outcomes; develop and execute communications/check-in cadence to foster unique and robust customer experience
● Collect and analyze customer data and track Talent Tool success and NPS Scores. Determine customer activity and suggest areas of improvement, whilst tracking milestones of success for each customer
● Provide valuable insights for customer inquiries, proactive problem-solving and solution delivery
● Collaborate with Talent Tool PM on product functionality, list management & candidate highlights
● Contribute recommendations for retention strategies, renewals, and optimization of customer experience support
● Lead training, provide best practices on product usability, veteran interviewing tactics, onboarding, long-term success, and collaboration with veteran employee resource groups, as well as D&I stakeholders
● Partner cross-functionally with all internal teams (sales, product, engineering, etc.) in order to create a successfully create a robust customer journey
What We’re Looking For
● Experience in B2B Customer Success or Account Management
● Connection to the military and/or strong desire to serve the military community
● Customer-centric mentality: a true relationship-builder who can manage multiple accounts while ensuring customer goals are achieved
● Creative problem-solver: a customer-focused problem-solver, always maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction, continuously working to build creative solutions to client problems
● Strong collaborator: you thrive in a team environment and are excited to internally partner with team members from sales to product & engineering and many divisions in between
● Empathetic: you lead with empathy and understanding when interfacing with both our customer and veteran talent networks
Nice to Have
● Experience working with HR leaders and recruiting organizations a plus
● Previous work in a start-up environment: ready to jump right into a fast-paced work style and quick adaptability to changing processes
● Interest or experience in the D&I space
Perks & Benefits
We offer competitive and comprehensive packages. Our benefits offering includes 401k with a match, medical, dental, and vision insurance. Employees have the option to choose from a range of PPO, HMO and Kaiser plans and receive a free One Medical membership with a location around the corner from our office. We also offer pre-tax commuter benefits, pre-tax FSA and Dependent Care FSA plans, as well as flexible PTO, and ten paid holidays. There are additional perks and benefits, which we are happy to tell you more about!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.