Shift is headquartered in San Francisco, but our entire team is currently remote until the end of 2021. We are open to candidates based anywhere in the United States, but we have strong preferences for San Francisco, New York City, Washington DC, and Austin, TX. Once it is safe to travel, there will be some travel required.
The Team and Your Role
As a Customer Success Manager at Shift, you will join a team of passionate and customer-centric professionals who partner with companies around the country to diversify hiring with veteran talent. You will report directly to the Director of Customer Success, working alongside them to build and plan key implementation strategies with customers and creatively support on achieving long-term veteran/diversity hiring goals. The Customer Success Manager plays a critical role in helping teams build or expand a veteran hiring initiative and break down barriers to hiring non-traditional and diverse talent.
What You’ll Do
- Manage a portfolio of company partnerships from the onboarding process to the renewal stage and consistent hands-on support to meet and exceed customer goals.
- Own the onboarding process and implementation of talent products for new customers, having an in-depth understanding of customer expectations and goals.
- Creatively and strategically manage customer relationships to achieve product satisfaction and outcomes. Develop and execute communication/check-in cadence to foster a strong customer experience.
- Collect and analyze customer data and track Talent Tool success and NPS Scores. Determine customer activity and suggest areas of improvement. Track milestones of success for each customer.
- Provide valuable insights to customer questions, proactively problem-solve and deliver solutions.
- Contribute recommendations for retention strategies, renewals, and optimization of customer experience support.
- Lead training and provide best practices for anything from product usability to interviewing veterans, onboarding, long-term success, and collaboration with veteran employee resource groups and Diversity and Inclusion stakeholders.
- Partner cross-functionally with internal teams from sales to product to create a successful customer journey.
What We’re Looking For
- Experience in B2B Customer Success or Account Management
- Connection to the military and strong desire to serve the military community
- Customer-centric mentality: A true relationship-builder who can manage multiple accounts while ensuring customer goals are achieved
- Creative problem-solver: Proactively build solutions to customer problems and are focused on maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Strong collaborator: You thrive in a team environment and are excited to internally partner with team members from sales to product & engineering and many divisions in between
- Empathetic: Lead with empathy and understanding of both our customer and veteran talent networks
Nice to Have
- Experience working with HR leaders and recruiting organizations a plus
- Previous work in a start-up environment: ready to jump right into a fast-paced work style and quick adaptability to changing processes
- Interest or experience in the D&I space
Founded in 2016 and based in San Francisco, California, Shift is a labor marketplace for current and former members of the U.S. Military to discover careers, acquire and demonstrate new skills, and embark upon new job experiences at the best companies in the United States. From active duty service members in the midst of their military career to veterans who have made the transition to civilian life, Shift’s community platform allows its members to engage in career development services that keep them competitive in the current and future economy. Shift’s talent acquisition services provide our corporate partners with a talent pipeline of diverse, non-traditional, experienced and prepared candidates. Shift is a veteran-founded small business backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Expa, and Structure Capital.
Perks + Benefits
We offer competitive and comprehensive packages. Our benefits offering includes 401k with a company match, medical, dental, and vision insurance. Employees have the option to choose from a range of PPO and HMO plans. We also offer pre-tax commuter benefits, pre-tax FSA and Dependent Care FSA plans, as well as flexible PTO, and ten paid holidays. There are additional perks and benefits, which we are happy to tell you more about!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.