Founded in 2016 and based in San Francisco, California, Shift is a labor marketplace for current and former members of the U.S. Military to discover careers, acquire and demonstrate new skills, and embark upon new job experiences at the best companies in the United States. From active duty service members in the midst of their military career to veterans who have made the transition to civilian life, Shift's community platform allows its members to engage in career development services that keep them competitive in the current and future economy. Shift's talent acquisition services provide our corporate partners with a talent pipeline of diverse, non-traditional, experienced and prepared candidates. Shift is a veteran-founded small business backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Expa, and Structure Capital.
Although Shift is headquartered in San Francisco, the team is primarily remote. We are open to candidates based anywhere in the United States.
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager to focus on the strategy and roadmap for Shift’s B2B employer side of the talent marketplace. This role is a player-coach role. You will be hands-on in shaping the employer side of the marketplace, and manage 1 product manager.
What you will do
Product Strategy and Execution
- Craft product strategy and roadmap for Shift’s Partner / employer products. Synthesize input from Shift’s Partners and stakeholders (VP of Talent Services, VP of Communities, engineering etc) to make prioritization decisions
- Research, synthesize, and communicate user pain points and insights; work with Product Design to conduct user research for Shift’s Partners and distill findings
- Translate “What” to build for your product areas into PRDs and user stories; set success metrics for your product areas
- Prioritize what goes into a sprint, and groom the backlog; rally the scrum team behind the roadmap, set goals and ship the roadmap
- Contribute to go-to-market plans and collaterals, when appropriate
- Refine product discovery process that balances input from user / Partners, internal stakeholders, and product intuition
- Partner with Engineering and Design to refine and improve agile development rhythm to ship valuable products iteratively and quickly
People: You will manage and develop 1 product manager
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years experience in creating outcomes driven roadmaps, and building marketplace / SaaS products that resulted in business impact
- Ability to quickly learn a user domain, and identify the pain points and opportunities for a product
- Experience conducting user interviewers and user testing; strong understanding of user interaction, design, and research
- Experience in building products from scratch
- Experience managing team(s) or direct report(s)
- Technically fluent; can understand and discuss technology concepts; experience in evaluating tradeoffs and effort estimation with technical team members.
- Experience with Agile development process, and project management tools
- You’ve delivered successful products in a fast-paced, resource-constrained startup environment
- Experience hiring and developing product managers
- Experience in building talent marketplace or HR tech products is a plus
Perks & Benefits
We offer competitive and comprehensive packages. Our benefits offering includes 401k, medical, dental, and vision insurance. Employees have the option to choose from a range of PPO, HMO and Kaiser plans and receive a free One Medical membership with a location around the corner from our office. We also offer pre-tax commuter benefits, pre-tax FSA and Dependent Care FSA plans, as well as flexible PTO, and ten paid holidays. There are additional perks and benefits, which we are happy to tell you more about!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.