Shift is a mission-driven career advancement company for the military community. We develop great people through immersive programs, focused communities, and relevant content so that they may better transition from their service and push forward in their careers. We are backed by terrific investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Structure Capital, Expa, BoxGroup, PeopleTech Partners, and Tim Ferriss.
Location: Shift is headquartered in San Francisco, but the Software Engineering Team is primarily remote. We are open to candidates based anywhere in the United States.
You will join a team of innovators, builders, and operators who are defining new products and services, working together to define the value proposition and bring them to market. We will be looking for you to work with our product and engineering teams to design and improve our customer experience and client-facing technologies.
Here's what you'll do:
- Write clean, scalable, well-tested code
- Mentor junior engineers and standardize our best practices
- Ensure developer experience and tooling is optimized for efficiency and quality
- Build APIs to support our growing GraphQL data clients
- Ensure the stability, consistency, extensibility, and security of our third-party API integrations
- Collaborate with the design and product team to ensure better UX
Our stack includes:
- Technology Agnostic
- History of delivering scalable, tested products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative and team-oriented when building solutions
- Ability to be pragmatic and make trade-offs on requirements for business needs
- Demonstrated ability to add structure and consistency to early-cycle codebases
- Empathy for business end-users, not just developers and internal client consumers
Founded in 2016 and based in San Francisco, California, Shift is a labor marketplace for current and former members of the U.S. Military to discover careers, acquire and demonstrate new skills, and embark upon new job experiences at the best companies in the United States. From active duty service members in the midst of their military career to veterans who have made the transition to civilian life, Shift’s community platform allows its members to engage in career development services that keep them competitive in the current and future economy. Shift’s talent acquisition services provide our corporate partners with a talent pipeline of diverse, non-traditional, experienced and prepared candidates. Shift is a veteran-founded small business backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Expa, and Structure Capital.
Perks & Benefits
We offer competitive and comprehensive packages. Our benefits offering includes 401k, medical, dental, and vision insurance. Employees have the option to choose from a range of PPO, HMO and Kaiser plans and receive a free One Medical membership with a location around the corner from our office. We also offer pre-tax commuter benefits, pre-tax FSA and Dependent Care FSA plans, as well as flexible PTO, and ten paid holidays. There are additional perks and benefits, which we are happy to tell you more about!
Talent Acquisition Consultant
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.